Wednesday, December 23, 2009

365 Day Challenge Day 101 Red Velvet and Brocade Scarf



After re-doing the Onyx and Black glass bead bracelet (it looks much better) I completed another Xmas Present . Only 1 more to go. I am so stressed. Anyway it's for my husband's auntie L. This thing gave me trouble!!. The brocade kept slipping and I had to rip out stitching 5 times!! I hope she likes this and uses it, because the fabric was not cheap. hehehe.... We're giving the butterfly bracelet to his mom instead. Husband said it's too pretty for the intended recipient. LOL he's a mess.

3 comments:

guurrrl said...

I love the brocade!!!! Have you tried putting sewing with tissue paper so it won't slip and then tearing the paper off after you are finished? Just an idea.

Atasha said...

Hmmmm.....I never have. I should have thought of that especially since I do use paper when doing my corny embroidery stitch on my burp cloths. Thanks. I think I have enough cloth to make 2 or 3 more, I may try it again. I was so miserable. lol It could be that I was tired too.

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

GORGEOUS!! and yay for a new tip!