Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 145 the BEST broc n cheese n some art

First tonight I made a Warhol collage of me and my 3 bestest friends from school! You can see Guurl in the upper left hand corner being her usual devious self!!! I plan on making these into 8 x 10 framed prints and/or tshirts! LOL!

and as a side for dinner - the best broc n cheese! Using real cheese and butter not plastic cheese and margarine :) AND its all done in the microwave!
To make it you take 2 bags of broccoli florets (not 'cuts') and put them in a casserole dish - slice 1 stick of real butter into the broccoli - add salt if you like - cover with plastic wrap - leaving a vent and microwave for 10 minutes.

Let sit for 2 mins then drain off the water.

Take a bag of colby/jack shredded cheese and toss 3/4 of the bag into the broc. after its tossed around add the remaining 1/4 on top - put the plastic wrap back on and nuke for another 10. It will be super hot so let it sit for a min or two once its done! IT ROCKS! sometimes i use a bag and a half of cheese - just depends what mood im in! The kids love it - i mean LOVE it!

If you're on Ravelry - please look me up - im candysticklane. If you crochet and/or knit and you're not on - YOU MUST! Its a wealth of information and its awesome to see all your friends projects in one place - finished and in progress LOOK ME UP!

2 comments:

guurrrl said...

I love, love, love the picture!!!! You rock sister! Also that broccoli look super yummo!

Michelle said...

You told me about this site but I never joined. hmmmmm