Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 211 Fabric Scrap Cuff Bracelet


Front view

Some time last year I remember watching a podcast on Threadbanger for a fabric necklace. I had two small scrap pieces of fabric left. I decided to make a fabric cuff :)

It took 4 pieces of 3" x 8" (folded in half lengthwise right sides together, sew long edge with a straight stitch then turn right side out. You will end up with tubes. I then pressed the tubes flat with the seam in the the center so it wouldn't show from the front or sides)

I placed the short ends of these 4 flattened tubes on top of each other to create a fan and stitched to hold in place. (Repeat for other side).

So that this could fit easily over my hand. I sewed a rectangle of fabric 2.5" x 2" right sides together with a 1/2" seam all the way around pivoting at corners leaving a small space to turn right side out. Turn rectangle right side out and top stitch all the way around making sure to close the opening.

Now pin to flattened fabric tubes on short stitched sides and stitch into place. I pinned in place first with safety pins to check to make sure it would fit over my hand. I'll remember to take pictures the next time to paste with the steps. It was super easy and turned out cute :)

Back view (rectangle attached)